Wednesday 3 October 2012

CSL Spice M1700 Tablet


As the first entry (after the introduction) of this blog, I would like to share my experience on having a mobile computer or known as tablet (tab) or some named it, ipad. Here is my story....


In June 2012, my husband and I bought a mobile computer known as CSL tablet. The tablet was bought as a Father’s Day gift for my husband.  Actually we do not need a tablet and I personally, did not sway on the current mobile computer’s trend. We both have computers and smart phones which already occupied our days.

However on one fine day, we went to Tesco Bukit Tinggi Klang for our weekly groceries need. Right in front the Tesco’s entrance; there was a mobile phone fair. The mobile phones price offered was very attractive and after the Q&A session with the salesperson, we finally bought the tablet at the price of RM 699. The phone was sold as it is (look like a second unit) and no product warranty.

At home, we explored the tablet as much as we could. I was suspicious on the quality of the tablet, because I was cheaper than the normal tablet or ipad, look like a second hand unit and no product warranty.  I thought to myself that the tablet would last not more than a month.

First of all, we tried to play a music video from youtube.com and surprisingly the quality of the picture and sound was great. We loved it! We tried other applications like making a phone call, camera and voice recorder and found it was value for money.

The tablet is really user-friendly, even my three years old son can handle it by himself. Every night when he is on bed, he will watch his favorite videos until he falls into sleep. He also learns alphabets and English from the videos too.

We love the tablet so much…. We like the size, performance, features, applications and many more.

Here are some of the features of the CSL Spice Tablet.

1)      Model number CSL Spice M1700

2)      Android version 2.2 OS

3)      Kernel version Apps 2.6.32.9

4)      Size Height- 179.4mm, Width-110mm and Depth-11.5mm

5)      Auto-rotation screen with live wallpaper

6)      Complete with tablet cover, mini USB port and mobile charger

7)      Memory – 512MB ROM and 512MB RAM, slots for SD card and SIM card

8)  Virtual keyboard with option to turn on/of words dictionary

9)   Video player and music player

10) CSL Custom Application like Blueberry Messenger, Azan Alarm and CSL Fun Club.

11) More than one hundred of preloaded applications available


If you wish to know more, you may click to this link http://www.s-csl.my/index.php/csl-phones/switch/item/282-droidpad-mi700

**I think the spice CSL name has been changed or upgrded to DroidPad Mi 700 now.
 

 
The front view of the CSL tablet
 
 

Today the tablet has been with us more than three months and the unit is still in good condition. It is proven. My child have accidently dropped the tablet many times but it’s still works. My third child once has dropped the tablet and caused the screen fractured. After the incident, I thought that the tablet has come the end of life but…. amazingly, the performance is not interrupted at all.
 
For me the tablet is very value for money. It is affordable and the performance is superb. It fits for those who are dreaming for a tablet but could not afford for Samsung Galaxy Tab or Apple i-Pad.

The main user of the tablet is my youngest child who is 3 years old. I and my husband prefer notebook much than the tablet….and like I said earlier, actually we do not need a tablet.
 
 
The picture of video plays on the tablet...so sharp and clear...
 
 

 The picture that I snapped using CSL Spice tablet camera at night ...not bad huh!
 
 
You can have more comments on the tablet from the internet and I just link it below for your convenience.
 
 
 
 
 
That's all for now. See you on my next entries.
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment